Rider's Guide to
Fixed-Route Bus Service
How to read a bus schedule:
- When reading a bus schedule, know where you want to go and when you want to get there.
- Make sure you have the correct schedule for your destination and starting point. You may have to transfer from one bus to another if there is no direct route to your destination.
- Look for the day of the week on which you want to travel. Some routes have Monday through Friday service. Saturday service is available on certain routes.
- Look up your destination on the schedule, and look across the row to find the time you wish to arrive there.
- Find your starting point on the schedule. Work backwards from your destination to your starting point to figure out when you need to catch the bus.
- The times listed on the bus schedules are departing times- it is a good idea to arrive at the bus stop at least 5 minutes early.
To view all the WCTA fixed-route bus schedules, visit our schedules page at:https://www.westmorelandtransit.com/schedules/
Transfers are available free to WCTA riders to change from one WCTA bus route to another. If you need a transfer, please ask your Operator when you board your first bus. You will pay your fare and be given a transfer coupon. This transfer coupon will be used to pay your fare when you board your connecting bus. Transfers are only valid on the date the transfer is issued, for up to two hours from the time it is issued.
Passengers can use a transfer to change from one WCTA route to another, but a passenger may not use a transfer to pay for a return trip.
Rules for Riding:
For your safety, and as a courtesy to other riders, please...
- When boarding, be prepared to pay your fare or show your pass.
- When requested by your Operator, allow riders with disabilities or special needs to sit in the designated priority seating.
- Be sure food and drinks are in closed containers.
- Don't use speaker phone, and use headphones when listening to audio devices.
- Keep conversations to an acceptable volume and be sensitive to words that may be offensive to others.
- Don't use any tobacco products or vapors.
- Wear proper attire and shoes.
- Be mindful of your personal hygiene.
- Remain in your seat while the bus is in motion.
- Bring on board only what you can keep on your seat.
- Keep the aisles clear.
- Take up only one seat, and keep the seats clean for other riders.
- Do not litter WCTA vehicles or bus stops.
- All riders with service animals should adhere to ADA policies. All non-service animals should be caged.
- Keep conversations with your Operator to a minimum- they need to focus on driving.
Let's all have a safe and enjoyable ride!
- Don't be afraid to ask your Operator questions- they're there to help!