The safety of our riders and employees is always our top priority. WCTA has continued taking precautionary measures since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, and has implemented new procedures as needed.
- In accordance with CDC guidance the WCTA is requiring masks on all WCTA vehicles and locations. The CDC has instructed transit authorities to refuse to board anyone not wearing a mask and require all people onboard to wear masks for the duration of travel. CDC information about traveling on public transportation can be found here.
- WCTA buses are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized every day using CDC approved products. Commuter buses are cleaned and sanitized after both the morning and afternoon runs.
- WCTA facilities are thoroughly cleaned every day and sanitized approximately every 2-3 hours.
- Passengers are encouraged to practice social distancing by trying to allow empty seats between each other. The front seats near the operator have been blocked to keep space between operators and passengers on fixed-route buses.
- All employees have received communications on how to minimize risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
Free Transportation to COVID-19 Vaccination Sites
Westmoreland Transit is providing free transportation to any community member who needs transportation to and from their scheduled COVID-19 vaccination appointment.
Individuals who are able to utilize Westmoreland Transit fixed-route bus service can call WCTA at 724-834-9282 to schedule their free trip to and from their COVID-19 vaccination appointment. Westmoreland Transit has fixed-route transportation to or near most medical facilities. Google Transit is available here for help with fixed-route trip planning. Enter your starting address, destination address, and desired arrival or departure date and time to see available fixed-route options. For specific route information, visit our schedule page here.
For individuals who are unable to use fixed-route bus service, GO Westmoreland shared-ride transportation is available. Those interested in using shared-ride to get to their COVID-19 vaccination appointment can call GO Westmoreland at 724-832-2706 to schedule their trip, which includes a ride to and from the appointment. GO Westmoreland is a program of Westmoreland Transit that provides door-to-door transportation and operates Monday-Friday from 7 AM until 7 PM and Saturday from 7 AM until 4 PM. If using GO Westmoreland to travel to their COVID-19 vaccination appointment, riders must still call and schedule their trip in advance.
Not sure which transportation option will work best for you? Call WCTA at 724-834-9282 for assistance creating your transportation plan.
PLEASE NOTE: Westmoreland Transit is not scheduling COVID-19 vaccination appointments. Individuals must already have a confirmed COVID-19 vaccination appointment with the location that they are requesting service to.
More information on vaccination sites and eligibility requirements can be found here.
Face Mask Tools
Homemade Face Cover Tutorial
Downloadable DIY Cloth Face Covering Instructions